General Rules for Images
- Don’t add text or logos over images.
- Photos only — Don’t use logos, illustrations, cartoons, or ‘clip art’ for images.
- Don’t apply effects, overlays, gradients, watermarks, borders or filters to images that make the image appear manipulated. Black and white photos are acceptable.
- Image sizing attributes: please ensure that images are in landscape orientation and at least 750 pixels wide by 578 pixels high.
- Logos are square, if possible, and at least 400 x 400 pixels on a white or transparent background.
- Any photos or graphics used in a Web page are subject to copyright and must be cleared for copyright before being published to production Web sites.
- Actual persons or properties represented in any photo should be cleared using a Photo Release form.
- The subject should always be in focus.
- Ideally, high contrast between subject and background (whenever possible, select images where the subject is in focus and background is out of focus).
- Digital images and graphics should retain the proportions of the original as closely as possible. Images should not be stretched vertically or horizontally.
Here’s a sneak peek of how we expect to use your logo and images: